Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Troubles with a Sweater

Well, I still really love the pattern; however, I am virtually re-writing the thing! (I'll edit this tomorrow to give the URL of the original sweater.) Anyway, the sweater is a lovely dolman-sleeved pullover which can probably either be worn with the V-neck in the front or back (it is pictured on the model on the back). In addition, there is a band of eyelets done every 9 rows on the vertical plane. Anyway, looking at the original pattern, I figured it would actually be fairly easy to do this as a virtual one-piece, rather than separate front and back with applied ribbing. It is knit side-to-side in the original pattern! However, I was about 3 inches into it when I had to walk to the frog pond and rip-it all out. The stupid wrist band was too small -- on a size XL! I had to add 6 stitches in order so that it would fit. Then, I had to proportionally increase the stitches for the beginning of the sleeve proper. I'm still swearing at countless other little things that have been popping up. GRRRR!!! However, I did buy some gorgeous Ellyn Cooper cotton boucle yarn (sport weight) in the Thai Amber colourway that I will make another. This one is in Classic Elite Flash.

No comments: