Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yes, I Am a Sci-Fi Addict

I took the test to find out my Nerd Quotient. Even though one would think that someone who was not a complete computer nut/scientist/mathematician could be a nerd, this is not the case. Ever since I was a child (way back in the 50s and 60s) I have always been fascinated by science -- and sci-fi. I have been a Trekkie since 1966, the year Star Trek first appeared on television. Deep down inside I think it would have been terrific if I had gone into astronomy or paleontology -- and I keep up with advances in these fields to this day. However, I am also a frustrated Classicist who is trying to learn Homeric and Attic Greek on my own. There are just so many things that I wish to learn! I really believe that this drive is the key that is keeping me young at heart.

No comments: